Friday, July 30, 2010

Another Pulled Pork Success


  
You guessed it folks, I made pulled pork again. I'll admit that this recipe was inspired by the Pulled Pork in Root Beer Sauce recipe I previously posted but this one is all mine. I started by searing each side of a center cut pork roast in extra virgin olive oil, garlic, minced onion, and Yard Bird Rub. Then, I boiled a can of cream soda, some Worcestershire sauce, the drippings from the roast, a can of chicken broth, chili powder, more Yard Bird, and a bit of salt and pepper. Now, into the slow cooker it goes and 5 or so hours later you have a delicious pulled pork dinner.


A great summer time side dish that happens to be one of my favorite is steamed squash. I love yellow squash, acorn squash, zucchini, pattypan squash you name it, I love it. This side dish was super simple. I just sliced yellow and pattypan squash and steamed it in the microwave with a couple tablespoons of water and a little butter.







But wait, there's more...


You don't get just one meal from this, you get two! We had leftovers tonight and since I didn't have quite enough meat for everyone I decided to make loaded baked potatoes. I cooked up some potatoes, whipped up a quick batch of micro-baked beans, a dollop of Daisy (I use generic sour cream but it is a fun slogan) and I had a tasty, belly bulging meal. Given, if you're on a low carb diet don't eat at my house! I doubt any recipes of mine will work for dieters but by golly their tasty.

Give this one a try folks, tell me what you think. If you need exact measurements slip me a note in the comments box. I'll do my best to get accurate measuring even though I'm a measure by sight kind of cook. Have a good pulled pork recipe or any pork recipe? I'd love to try it.
One thing that I lack are good side dishes that are fast, easy, and my kids will eat them with minimal complaints. Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment