Monday, August 27, 2012

Foodista Conference a Blast

We survived IFBC in Portland!

Have I mentioned I hate commercial flying??? Well, I'm saying it now.

I HATE COMMERCIAL FLYING!

If you must fly then may I suggest Southwest. They have more comfortable seats and they give you free cheeznips and peanuts. Just say NO to United! I'm just saying...

Despite a rough beginning, Aaron and I made it to Portland and had a great time talking pigs, farming, and food with a bunch of great bloggers and foodies. We ate a yummy breakfast thanks to the PorkCheckoff. They served bacon...who'd a thunk it!? Good peppered bacon, not that cheap thin crap. It was very tasty.

I was incredibly impressed by how open everyone was and their great questions. I was prepared for some confrontational Q&A but everyone was genuinely curious and cared. It was really refreshing to speak to such a great crowd and I thank each and every one of them for sticking around to listen to our stories. It was also exciting to answer questions from the crowd and to hear what they had to say about farming.

The National Pork Board also gave away an all expenses paid trip to a pig farm. Very Cool!!! Congrats to @FoodWhiz for winning the trip. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

After a L-O-N-G flight home Aaron and I are both glad to be back home and Aaron is especially happy to get back to the business of caring for his pigs.

Keep the convo going! Be sure to check out:

The Bacon Blogger's FB page
3 Kids and Lots of Pigs
National Pork Board
@JoWindmann
@PorkCheckoff
@proudporkmom

No comments:

Post a Comment