Monday, March 21, 2011

Soup and Sammie--YUM!!

I know the weather is getting nicer and yesterday was the first day of spring but I just have to share this yummy something that we ate the other night.

As most of you may (or may not) have figured out by now, I am a soup fanatic. I love making it and I love eating it. 

This is my latest concoction. It is one of my many potato soups. I use Yukon Gold potatoes so I don't have to peel them (I hate peeling potatoes).

Of course, it has bacon in it...naturally.And a bunch of other stuff--2 cans of chicken broth, a little water, minced onions, celery flakes, sea salt, thyme, pepper, and milk. Everybody has those ingredients!
 
My baby boy helped me cook up this soup. He put everything into the pot and decided how much was enough (with a little advice from mom). He just loves to cook.

He said to me, "Mom, I'd like to be a chef but I think I like to farm more." He is so cute.


Next, while the soup is simmering, grab some hoagie buns, some ham slices, and a few slices of provolone cheese (Munster is good too).  
Set your oven to BROIL.

And make it melty.
Watch is close! It only takes a minute or two to toast the bread and melt the cheese.


Add some lettuce, mustard, mayo, and whatever else you fancy on your hoagie.

Then enjoy your soup and sammie--one of my favorite meals.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment